- is not a programming language.
- is an approach to web interaction. This approach involves transmitting only a small amount of information to and from the server in order to give the user the most responsive experience possible, .
- is an approach for developing dynamic Web sites, .
- enables us to pass information between a Web browser and a Web server without refreshing the entire Web page, .
Ajax is a group of technologies working together:
HyperText Markup Language (HTML) – content representation language.
Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) – provides stylistic formatting to XHTML.
For data display and interaction:
Document Object Model (DOM) – necessary to change portions of an XHTML page without reloading it.
For data interchange:
Extensible Markup Language (XML) – protocol used to transfer data back and forth betwen client and server.
For asynchronous communication:
XMLHttpRequest Object (XHR)
- Extensible HyperText Markup Language (XHTML) – content representation language.
- Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation (XSLT) – transforms XML into XHTML (with CSS linked to it).
Two different styles of Ajax, :
- Partial-page rendering
- JSON service
- ASP.NET is Microsoft’s Ajax Framework. ASP stands for Active Server Pages.
- Jboss RichFaces is a Framework for integrating Ajax capabilities into applications using JavaServer Faces (JSF).
Google Suggest – as we type, Google Suggest requests suggestions from the server, showing us a drop-down list of search terms that we may be interested in.
 Nicholas C. Zakas, Jeremy McPeak, Joe Fawcett, Professional Ajax, Second Edition, Wiley Publishing Inc.
 www.youtube.com, Telerik Academy, ASP.NET Ajax