- All-Electric Vehicle
- 691 hp Motor Power (221 hp front motor, 470 hp rear motor)
- 0-60 mph (0-96.56 Kph) in 3.2 seconds (Insane Mode)
- 2 Three-Phase AC Induction Motors (developed in-house)
- Up to 253 miles (407,16 Km) range in the EPA 5-cycle test
- 155 mph (249,45 Kph) Top Speed
- 5-star rating in all categories of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) crash test
- Aerodynamic drag coefficient of 0,24
- Interior: 17” capacitive touchscreen that controls most of the car’s functions
The P in P85D means Performance and the D Dual motor.
EPA is US Environmental Protection Agency (www.epa.gov).
Figure: Tesla Model S P85D Chassis and Drivetrain (221 hp front motor, 470 hp rear motor)
Tesla Motors delivered 32.733 Model S sedans in 2014.