DevOps = Software Development (Dev) + Information Technology Operations (Ops). DevOps is the practice of operations and development engineers participating together in the entire service lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support.
Phases of automated software pipeline:
- CI – Continuous Integration. Continuous integration (CI) is the practice of automating the integration of code changes from multiple contributors into a single software project. The CI process is comprised of automatic tools that assert the new code’s correctness before integration. A source code version control system is the crux of the CI process. The version control system is also supplemented with other checks like automated code quality tests, syntax style review tools, and more, .
- CD – Continuous Delivery. Continuous Delivery is about making the product ready for deployment.
- CD – Continuous Deployment. The final stage of a Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) pipeline is Continuous Deployment (CD). In Continuous Deployment (CD), every change goes through an automated pipeline and a working version of the application is automatically pushed to production.
Automated testing is writing code to test your code.
- Jenkins is a Continuous Integration tool. www.jenkins.io
- Selenium is an open source testing tool. www.selenium.dev
- JUnit is a unit testing framework for Java. https://junit.org
- Ansible is a Configuration Management System. www.ansible.com
- Chef is a Configuration Management System. www.chef.io
- Puppet is a Configuration Management System. www.puppet.com
- Apache Maven is a Build tool for Java. https://maven.apache.org
- Release and update management, https://jfrog.com/