Windows Start menu > Run > mdsched.exe > PC will restart to run the memory test
Host operating system: openSUSE Leap 15.1
Application: KeePass ver.2.38
Error message: The ‘xdotool’ utility/package is required for auto-type.
What is xdotool? xdotool is a tool that lets you programatically (or manually) simulate keyboard input and mouse activity, move and resize windows, etc. It does this using X11’s XTEST extension and other Xlib functions.
Note: This message appears when you are trying to use the Auto-type function of KeePass.
Solution: Install xdotool (Fake keyboard/mouse input).
By default printing in Safe Mode is not possible. In order to be able to print in safe mode try to use the “Print Spooler Repair Tool”. You can download it from the following address http://www.techsupportall.com/print-spooler-is-not-running/
Click the Network icon on your desktop and then click the computer that the printer is attached to. You will be asked to enter a username and a password.
There is chance that you need to download a lot of updates. If this is the case and your internet connection is not very fast (e.g. 4 Mbps or lower) then you will need several hours for the updates to be downloaded.
The original message appears like this: “The program can’t start because mfc100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem”.
Solution: you must install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86 or x64 or sometimes both).
You can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from the following link:
An alternative toll that can be used for cleaning your HDD in Windows environment is CCleaner. You can download it from the following link:
Windows Vista Greek > Πίνακας Ελέγχου > Εξατομίκευση > Αλλαγή εικονιδίων επιφάνειας εργασίας > Check “Κάδος Ανακύκλωσης”.
Windows 7 English > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Change the theme > Change desktop icons > Check the ‘Recycle Bin’.
The program is called Revo Uninstaller. You can download it from the following link:
The software is called Defraggler. You can download it from the following link:
1. MAC OS X Yosemite > Applications > Utilities > Boot Camp Assistant
2. Choose the option “Download the lated Windows support software from Apple”. The downloaded software (drivers) should be saved on a USB Drive.
3. Open the Boot Camp Assistant again and choose the options “Create Windows 7 install disk” and “Install Windows 7”.
4. Create a bootable USB Drive for Windows Installation. Choose the path where the Windows 7.iso image is located and then select the destination disk (a new empty USB drive).
5. Create a partition for Windows. Then you have to install Windows by booting from the USB drive (step 4) and the drivers you have downloaded and saved on a USB (Step 2).
6. Dual boot MAC OS X Yosemite – Windows 7. You have to install rEFInd Boot Manager software by running the install.sh on the MAC OS X console.
- Step 4 – Create a bootable USB Drive for Windows Installation. In case that the Windows7.iso image has not been created properly you will receive the error “Non-system disk”. We recommend that you create a bootable USB Drive for Windows Installation on a Windows machine using “Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool”.
- There is a possibility when running Boot Camp Assistant that the option “Create Windows 7 install disk” does not exist. Some changes need to be made in Boot Camp Assistant in order to overcome this issue. These modifications require Xcode to be installed.
Go to the Main Menu > Tools > Email Accounts > select the Email Account and then click Properties > select the ‘Advanced’ tab > check the ‘Leave a copy of messages on server’ and uncheck the option ‘Remove from server after X days’.
You can download “Panda Free Antivirus 2015” from www.pandasecurity.com
- Antivirus (Blocks viruses, spyware, malware)
- Rescue Kit (Disinfects your PC in critical situations)
Go to Control Panel > Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center > Make the keyboard easier to use
Uncheck the following option:
Turn on Filter Keys (Ignore or slow down brief or repeated keystrokes and adjust keyboard repeat rates).