To check out is to create a local working copy from the repository. When a file has been checked out from a shared file server, it cannot be edited by other users.
- Visual Studio Code – Main menu > View > Extensions > Install: C/C++ for Visual Studio Code and Code Runner
- Download MinGW – Minimalist GNU for Windows (MinGW Installation Manager) > In “Basic setup” mark all packages to be installed > MiniGW Installation Manager Main menu > Installation > Apply changes > Copy the path where the \bin folder can be found e.g. C:\MiniGW\bin
- Windows Desktop > This PC > right click > Properties > Advanced system settings > Environment variables > System variables > find the PATH variable and click Edit > click New and add the path C:\MiniGW\bin
- Visual Studio Code – Main menu > File > Preferences > Settings > in the search box type “runner” > select the setting “Run in Terminal”.
Visual Studio Code Version: 1.53.2
In case you have 2 monitors connected to your PC, the Windows Key + P combination offers the following options:
- PC screen only (Primary screen ON, Secondary screen OFF)
- Second screen only (Primary screen OFF, Secondary screen ON)
Go to Windows 10 start icon > right mouse click > select Windows PowerShell or Windows PowerShell (Admin)
Go to Windows 10 search box > type PowerShell > select one of the options: Run, Run as Administrator, Run ISE as Administrator, Windows PowerShell ISE. ISE stands for Integrated Scripting Environment.
Main menu > File > Backup Data … > Select the folder where the backup file will be saved > Click Backup and wait until the message “A backup has been successfully generated” appears.
Main menu > Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Folder: Open folder (C:\Users\<User name>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default-release) > Exit Thunderbird > Copy the Profile Folder to your Backup Folder.